Brightlightz Ltd ("We", “Us” or “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting www.brightlightz.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Brightlightz Ltd (CRN 09167881) whose registered office is at 28 St. Thomas' Road, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 1HX.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.brightlightz.co.uk (the “Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name/company name, address, e-mail address, phone number, debit and credit card information.
This includes information you provide:
- when registering to use the Site or subscribing to our service;
- to place an order on the Site;
- when you enter a competition or promotion or survey that we may request (from time to time);
- to report a problem with the Site;
- participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site; and
- posting material or requesting further services on the Site.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information is used for administration and to report aggregate information to advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Site. The use can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this from happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should log onto the Site and use the contact us form, on our "Contact Us" page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information (if requested) about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- [to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to analyse information/data and assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.] Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.